Thursday, August 6, 2009

The why's have started

Anyone who knows Paul and I from childhood (or has heard the stories about us) knows that we both asked "Why?" to everything. So I went into this whole parent thing with my eyes open--realizing that we might have the most inquisitive kid ever. I did think that we would have a bit longer before he started, (until he was 3 maybe?) but, alas, it is not to be. It seems to be like walking...now that he has begun, it just accelerates. "Isaac, can you put your trains up?" "Why, Mommy?" "Isaac, can you come hand me that book?" "Why, Daddy?" So far he still does almost everything we ask, but while he's in the process, he asks why it's necessary. Paul and I have held up pretty well, in that we have not yet resorted to "because I told you so," but I have a feeling that one is coming.


I try to always include pictures for everybody, so here you are. In the packaging for one of his trains, Isaac found this brochure that lists all the trains they have for sale. He loves to "read" it as if it were a newspaper. It amazes me that pictures of toy trains can hold his attention so long.




No comments: