Monday, September 15, 2008

Locked Out

I have a post to put up that I know a few people will be very interested in. I will get that one up soon, but while you wait, I thought I'd give you a good laugh. Today Isaac locked me out of the house in my pj's. (Go ahead, get all the giggles out of your system.) We have a screen door with a lock that Isaac always turns when he's trying to get out the door. I realized that I had left something in the car and went to go get it quickly, completely forgetting about his prior locking Daddy out of this particular door. As I'm getting the stuff out of the car and locking the doors (with Isaac standing at the screen door), his previous door locking experience hits me like a ton of bricks and I had one of those stomach sinking, heart stopping moments. I get up to the door, and sure enough, it's locked. So I spend the next 10 minutes trying to get Isaac to unlock the door (in his defense, he did a pretty good job--he turned it back and forth but he just couldn't get it to unlatch). This whole time I'm staying pretty calm because I can see him and I know everything is fine. After about 10 minutes, Isaac got frustrated because he couldn't get the lock to work, so he just decided to close the front door! At which point, I will admit I had a moment of panic. I was worried about what he might get into without me able to see him and also that he would lock that door too, and then I would be totally lost. I was trying to find a way in without tearing our screen door up, but after he closed the front door, alas, it was not to be. I dug through my stuff to see what I could use to tear the screen, and all I could come up with was a ball point pen. So I commenced to hacking my way through the screen so I could get in the house and save my baby (who I was not too happy with at this point). Needless to say, he didn't lock the second door, I did get in, and I did not have to go over to the neighbors house in my pj's and call 911. Thank God for small favors :-).

No comments: