Sunday, January 13, 2008

Isaac's Birthday

I can't believe he's already one! It went by so fast (as did his party). It was a mad rush getting ready for it, and the next thing you know, it's over. We had a great time, and Isaac got tons of stuff. All in all, I'd say it was a successful party, although you can't tell it by this face!


We tried an experimental recipe for the cake...

It turned out to be more fun to play with than to eat.


Getting ready to open presents with Daddy's help.


There was so much tissue paper in Aunt Janet's present, that Isaac actually gave up trying to pull it all out. He had to be convinced that there was actually something in the bag.

Playing with his new lawn mower from cousins Skyler, Nolan, and Quinlin.


Hanging out with cousin Skyler...

and Aunt Kathy.

About to go up and put on pajamas...what fun we had!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, where's the icing????? Isn't that like a rule or something that you have to clean up icing off everything within a one mile radius on the 1st birthday??? You tell Isaac if he ever feels "cheated" out of this experience, that he can come down to "auntie" Arden's house anytime and I can give him some icing!! I hate that I missed the party...looks like he had a blast! Love ya

Arden

Isaac's Mom said...

I know, I know...I'm a terrible mother! I didn't put icing on his cake. I wanted to experiment before the actual day to make a good cake without loads of sugar, but I ran out of time. At least he won't remember that the cake didn't taste that great :-).