Tuesday, January 15, 2008

First Word

Isaac has been doing the whole "mamamama" and "dadadada" things for awhile. He's also said a version of "Yea!!" since that's always what I say when we clap, but I think we have our first official word....(drum roll please)......and our first word is..........................................you're not going to believe this...............................................................ok, maybe you will, because it does make sense................................................................................I really should just tell you, because I'm sure the suspense is killing you............................................................................................ok, for real now, without further ado, Isaac's first words is..."Jack". I thought I heard him say it a couple weeks ago, but I wasn't positive. But he said it for my parents twice today. I guess it makes sense since he probably hears that more than just about anything else..."Jack, come here." "Jack, eat your food." "Jack, do you want to go outside?" "Jack, don't give your ball to Isaac!" "Jack, go get it." "Jack, hush." "Jack, get off Mommy's clean clothes!" (etc, etc, etc). So I guess Isaac will soon be giving Jack instructions too. The other thing he has started with a vengeance is pointing. He has been pointing at everything, but apparently he isn't immune to the problem that most people have (being able to tell the dogs apart)...when Paul got home today, we were trying to get Isaac to say Jack. So we asked him, "Isaac, where is Jack? Find Jack." Isaac pointed to Kaylee.

No comments: