Thursday, February 5, 2009

Stairs story

I called Paul and told him an Isaac story, and he said I had to put it on the blog, so here it is...
There is some debate within the Aardema clan as to the best way for a toddler to descend the stairs. We are a fan of the feet first, on the tummy; while they are more for the buns method. Both have their benefits and drawbacks, so the debate goes on. Well, Isaac has been going faster and faster down the stairs and it's making me nervous, so I decided to try the buns method. I showed him how to do it, and he gave it a try. He was plopping on his buns every step and it looked sort of painful as it rattled his head. (He was also grunting as he landed on every step.) When he got about a third the way down the stairs (after a particularly loud grunt), I asked if it hurt. He responded with a vigorous nod, and said "Dess (yes), Mama". He leaned to the side and pointed to his buns and said "Dess hurt". He paused for a minute, then said "I know!" and flipped over and slid the rest of the way down on his stomach. My little problem solver :-).

Random picture. Thank you Arden and Natalie for my birthday present! I love it!