Monday, February 18, 2008

Two legged mobility

The Monkey is finally walking! We've been working on getting him to do it...I'm sort of surprised he didn't do it earlier. He's been able to pull up and walk while holding onto things for months, but he just refused to take the leap of taking steps on his own. So Paul put him down tonight and somehow coaxed some steps out of him. When Paul put him down, before he walked, he squatted down and did this little nervous laugh. It was quite adorable. Then I guess he finally decided he could try it, and low and behold, he walked! I've got some video of his second attempt I plan to put up, but I've got to edit it first. I guess we're entering a whole other world! (This picture is actually from a later date. I just have the video from the first day--no photos unfortunately.)

No comments: