Monday, October 15, 2007

Playing with Jack

This boy loves being outside, which works out terrifically well since my four-legged boy loves playing outside too. Throwing the ball for Jack also entertains Isaac--hence killing two birds with one stone. However, this also leads to my greatest parenting challenge...how to keep the dog toys out of the baby's mouth (and, unfortunately, vise versa). Jack is finally learning that just because a toy squeaks, it doesn't mean it's his. (That one took a long time to learn. Every time one of Isaac's toys squeaked, Jack would come running.) Poor Jack is used to having all of his toys around on the floor wherever he wants them, but now that Isaac is mobile, I have to put them up or the next thing I know they are in Isaac's mouth. (I don't think I can count how many times I've pulled a rawhide out of Isaac's mouth.) And I have often walked into a room and caught Jack chewing on Isaac's toys (he destroyed a rubber ducky)--probably out of desperation since all his toys are up on furniture where he can't reach them. I have to put them up high; because now, not only does Isaac go after Jack's toys, but Jack will bring his toys to Isaac so he can chew on them!! I'm hoping that this is a good sign and that they will be great friends (even if it means I have to keep a vigilant toy patrol).


Isaac thinking "If I could just get this into my mouth..."



Excited because Daddy is about to throw the ball...



And excited because Jack is bringing the ball back.




Playing with Jack's ball (Jack's not so sure about it).



Chewing on Jack's ball (Yuck!!)



The boys checking out the neighborhood

No comments: